P/E Capital Investments' Privacy Statement
By Eliseo "Jojo" Prisno, CRPC, MS
Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor
Recently a new client of our firm curiously asked how we treat the confidential information they share with us. It made me smile because it is not often that we get such a question. It is always our practice to present our privacy statement to new clients before we gather confidential information and documents i.e. Social Security numbers, copies of investment statements, image of driver's license, etc. but most of them do not bother to digest the details of our policy. We don't understand why because in our business, to get to this base means you have already gained their trust. We appreciate the vote of confidence however we know that it is our fiduciary responsibility to really explain how we deal with their privacy. Thus, please find below our privacy statement.
P/E Capital Investment Management Partners Privacy Statement
Privacy is our top priority.
We do not disclose any personal information about our customers to any non-affiliated third parties, except as described below.
What types of personal information do we collect?
When you apply for, open, or maintain an account with our third party affiliates or third party product and service providers or vendors (i.e. the insurance carriers we represent) or when you agree to allow us to provide personalized advisory services, or apply for an insurance product or solution, we collect the following types of information:
1) Information you provide on applications or other forms, or through discussions we have with you or your representatives, such as your name, address, Social Security number, date of birth, income, employment information, investment experience, risk tolerance, and any information about your personal investment goals or objectives.
2) Information about your transactions with our third party affiliates or product and service providers or vendors, such as your account balance, trading activity, loan amount, and account history, if applicable.
3) Information you provide us about your external financial accounts in order for us to provide you the proper advise and appropriate investment solutions.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
We use and disclose personal information for the purposes that we have disclosed to you, except as otherwise permitted by law. We will request your consent before we use or disclose your information for any materially different purpose. Unless specifically described below, consent may be obtained in any legally sufficient method.
In general, we collect, use and disclose personal information to meet the needs of our clients and for our business purposes, including:
1) to provide the products and services you request;
2) the day-to-day operation and maintenance of accounts and financial services;
3) collection of amounts outstanding from you;
4) to tell you about our financial services and other related products and services;
5) to understand our customers and their needs;
6) to learn about our markets and to design and improve our financial services and related products and services;
7) to comply with our regulatory, legal and ethical obligations, including warrants, subpoenas, court orders, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency request, and in connection with criminal investigations or to meet government tax reporting requirements;
8) to contact you (including by way of e-mail);
9) in response to your inquiries and comments, and to safeguard your interests;
10) to provide you with information about products and services;
11) to investigate suspicious activities;
12) to defend against unlawful intrusion into your account.
We may collect personal information from visitors to our websites and individuals who call in in response to our ad on print media or at an event for purposes of prospect solicitation. We may use this information to advise them of financial solutions, products or services and to provide other marketing materials which may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors and callers to participate in market research, surveys and similar activities.
When do we disclose personal information and to what types of entities do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information we collect, such as the categories described above, to make our financial solutions and services, as well as those offered by our service providers, available to you. We may also use and disclose personal information as authorized by you. If you decide to withhold certain information, it may limit our ability to provide you with the services or products you requested. We do not disclose personal information about former customers to anyone outside our third party affiliates except as permitted by law or to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
We may disclose your personal information to the following entities:
1) non-affiliated third parties that perform services, such as marketing or market research, on our behalf (e.g., we may provide your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address to vendors that send our e-mail or regular mail);
2) companies that service, maintain, or process your transactions and accounts (e.g., companies that provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, trade execution, payment or securities clearing, prepare and mail account statements and transaction confirmations and other services in connection with the operation of our business);
3) non-affiliated third parties as permitted or required by law, or to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities (e.g., government and regulatory organizations, such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), as well as self-regulatory organizations of which we are a member, such as FINRA, and states where we are registered and to parties under court order or subpoena that request this information);
4) non-affiliated companies in order to protect against actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, and to protect the security of our records and systems, unless prohibited by law;
5) non-affiliated third parties at your direction or for which you have provided your express consent (e.g., any banking or financial institution with which you have or propose to have dealings);
6) third parties in connection with the proposed or actual financing, insuring, sale, securitization, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets (including accounts) for the purposes of evaluating and performing the proposed transaction.
We require that commercial entities (as described above) with which we share your personal information agree to keep your information confidential. We also prohibit those entities from using or disclosing your information except for a limited purpose and to the persons for whom disclosure was intended, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. Service providers to whom we disclose personal information must agree to contractual requirements consistent with our privacy and security policies. We prohibit our service providers from using personal information except for the specific purpose for which we provide it to them, and require them to comply with legal obligations applicable to the personal information at issue.
We will not disclose information about your external financial accounts to non-affiliated entities, but we may disclose this information to our third party affiliates to provide you with account aggregation services and for marketing purposes unless you opt-out of such sharing.
How may you limit the sharing of your information?
The law allows you to limit or "opt-out" of our sharing personal information about you in certain circumstances with non-affiliated third party companies; that is, you may direct us to not make such disclosures. However, we do not currently share information about you with any non-affiliated third party that triggers this opt-out right. Accordingly, there is no need at this time for you to opt-out or take any other affirmative action telling us not to share such information with non-affiliated third parties.
Where do we store personal information?
Generally, the personal information that we collect from you will be stored in the United States. Your personal information may be transferred to or processed in the United States by us or a third party service provider working for us, or for one of our affiliates or vendors.
It is important to note that some or all of your personal information provided to third party service providers may be held in countries other than the United States. You acknowledge and understand that your personal information will be subject to the applicable laws of each such jurisdiction, which may not provide for the same protection as your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information. If you have questions about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside your jurisdiction, including the collection, use, disclosure or storage of such personal information by our product and service providers, you are entitled by applicable law to be provided this information. You may contact us by e-mail at info@PEcapitalinvestments.com. Please provide your first and last name and your address because information practices and rights may differ depending on jurisdiction.
How do we protect the confidentiality and security of personal information and how do we up-date?
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in our Chicago Office.
We make every reasonable effort to maintain your personal information in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form thus the reason why we require account reviews of at least once every year.
Updates to This Policy
We may amend this policy from time to time.
To limit the sharing of your information
If you wish to opt-out of affiliate sharing for marketing purposes, please contact us by telephone, email or mail:
P/E Capital Investments
355 E Ohio St. Unit 5005
Chicago IL 60611
or call 1-888-929-2825
or email info@PEcapitalinvestments.com
About the writer: Eliseo Jojo Prisno is a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor and for over a decade has managed the wealth of select families and business owners. He founded P/E Capital Investments in 2010 and is the current Managing Director and Senior Investment Advisor of the firm. Mr. Prisno also manages a Fund of Funds Portfolio with Ameritas and runs an All Equity Growth and Income Portfolio in Separate Accounts via E-Trade Financial. If you have questions or desire a complimentary analysis of your retirement readiness, call toll free to 1-888-929-2825 or visit our page on facebook or our website: www.PEcapitalinvestments.com.